Friday, March 28, 2008

Larry has made a bit of progress, according to his oncologist earlier this morning. He is more alert and has backed off of his pain pump just a bit. We're still looking at a few days in the hospital to try and get him up and moving around while still controlling the pain.

He went downstairs for his radiation assessment earlier today and did amazingly well. They dosed him up a bit before taking him, which was a great thing to do, but even at that I was surprised at how well he tolerated the procedure. His radiation treatments begin on Monday and they will target his spine. This should help with pain, too.

Many ask if Larry is continuing his chemo, and he is. We have seen no obvious side effects from it so far and we are so thankful for that. It has been 2 weeks today since he started chemo, so I think they will evaluate him in a couple more weeks to see how things are progressing.

I'm sitting in Larry's room and he asked that I tell you all that he's had a couple of good days and he's thankful for them. He looks forward to a time when he can see everybody and get back in touch with you all. I read the entire blog to him today, along with all the comments, and he enjoyed it so much! He sends a big "Thank You" to all who have responded to the blog.

I can't remember if I've posted this before, but we have moved to Room 307. Calls can still be made directly to him by calling 336.822.7307.

Thanks!

Terri

2 comments:

Holly said...

YIPPIE for some great progress! You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers! I would also really love to try and get up to see Lar sometime, so if I can get that worked out I'll be sure to call ahead of time!

I came across this verse today and thought of you all - Psalm 17:8 Guard me as the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings. (NLT) I know the Lord is guarding all of you as the apples of His eye! Hang on - you’re not alone we’re praying!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Love you all so much!

Holly and family

Andrew said...

Hey Larry...I've been praying for you a lot. Most of all I'm praying that you will know that God is holding you close and is taking care of every detail of all that's going on with you. I'm praying that you'll have perfect rest in your heart.

Sorry I haven't been able to come by and see you lately. It's been really busy, but I really hope I can come see you soon.